Effective date: March 15, 2023
In this Policy, the terms “you”, “user” and “your” refer to a visitor of our Site and the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to AlleyCorp.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time without notice. If you use the Site after any changes to the Policy have been posted, this means that you accept and agree to all the changes. If you do not agree, then you cannot use the Site.
This Policy covers AlleyCorp’s treatment of “Personal Information”, namely:
- information collected when you are accessing or using our Site;
- anything defined as “Personal Information” pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”); and
- anything defined as “Personal Data” pursuant to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This Policy does not cover:
- information obtained or disclosed in correspondence outside of the Site, offline, through other agents or representatives of AlleyCorp or third parties; or
- the privacy practices of any entity with whom AlleyCorp (or any of our affiliates) has an investment relationship, even if you are able to access such entity’s website or services through any link on the Site.
The Personal Information We Collect:
- Personal Information that you provide: We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us via the Site, such as the email address you provide if you subscribe to the AlleyCorp newsletter;
- Personal Information that is automatically collected: Information about your device, the version of your web browser, IP address, geolocation data, time zone, what pages you view, search terms you use, and how you otherwise interact with the Site; and
- ”Cookies”: Unique identifiers which our web server transfers to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device, in order to tell us how many people visit which pages and how such pages are accessed. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may limit some of our Site’s features. Please note that if you click on a link to a third party website, that third party may also transmit “Cookies” to you.
How We Use the Personal Information:
- Personal information we collect is stored and processed by us primarily in the United States of America, regardless of your country of residence. We also use affiliated and third party service providers, including hosting and technology partners, who may store and process personal information in other jurisdictions.
- The Personal Information may be used internally, separately or in combination with information we have collected from other sources, for the following purposes:
- provide requested services;
- troubleshoot problems;
- customize user experience;
- analyze and improve use of the Site;
- compliance with this Policy; or
- contact you with more information about AlleyCorp, where we have your consent or it is lawful to do so. If you do not wish to receive further communications from us, you may unsubscribe or ask us not to contact you.
- We may retain your personal information as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for collection, or as otherwise permitted by law.
- We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to:
- comply with law or court order;
- ensure compliance with the Terms of Service; or
- protect the rights, property, or safety of AlleyCorp and its affiliates and employees, users of the Site and third parties.
- Pursuant to the GDPR, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your Personal Information under the following lawful bases:
- your consent;
- in performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- compliance with our legal obligations;
- to protect your vital interests;
- to perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- for our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- We do NOT sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration.
No Guarantee of Security and Privacy: We cannot guarantee complete security or privacy of our Site or network, despite the efforts we undertake to protect your Personal Information.
You may request that we provide you with or delete certain Personal Information we have collected from you, by contacting us at email@example.com. In some cases we may need to retain such information, if we use it internally or if it is necessary to provide you with requested services.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area:
- You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to transfer it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased.
- Your Personal Information will be stored in the USA.
- If you are a resident of California or any other state or jurisdiction with privacy protection laws:
- You have the right to access the Personal Information we have about you (called the ‘Right to Know’ under the California Consumer Protection Act), to transfer it to a new service, and/or to ask that it be corrected, updated, or erased.
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the applicable privacy legislation, nor will we deny you access to our Site, or provide you with a lower quality of services.
If you would like to make these requests, or designate an authorized agent to make such requests on your behalf, or if you have any questions or concerns about the Policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.